Broccoli-Cheese Corn BreadFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar-monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno slices, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and shredded cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs, cottage cheese and onion mixture. Stir into corn bread mixture just until moistened. Fold in the broccoli, corn and jalapeno.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!