Stir Fried GreensFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh turnip greens shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh collard greens shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 dried red pepper slit shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash greens thoroughly in several changes of water to remove any dirt or sand then drain well.
- Remove and discard stems and thick center of collard greens then cut out any yellow spots.
- Place several leaves in pile then roll them into a thick cylinder and cut into thin strips crosswise.
- Repeat with remaining leaves then fluff and place cut greens into a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large heavy skillet or wok.
- Add onion and sauté until soft about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high then add garlic and dried pepper and sauté 1 minute.
- Do not let garlic brown.
- Add greens in batches tossing frequently to make sure they are coated with olive oil and garlic.
- Add broth, salt and pepper then tow well and cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!