Pot Roast with NoodlesFrom desertgal 6 years ago
- 2-2½ lb beef chuck pot roast shopping list
- 1 tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, sliced (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes (14½ oz.) shopping list
- 1 can Italian-style tomato paste (6 oz.) shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 12 oz. Packaged dried medium noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from pot roast. Cut roast, if necessary, to fit into a 3½ or 4-quart crock pot. Heat oil in a large skillet. Cook roast in hot oil until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, place carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in cooker. Sprinkle tapioca over vegetables. Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Combine the undrained tomatoes, the tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and bay leaf in a medium bowl. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours (high 4 to 5 hours). Discard bay leaf. Skim off fat.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Serve meat and vegetables with noodles.
- Yield: 8 servings
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!