Microwave LasagnaFrom elle55 8 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 15-oz can crushed or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 15-oz can tomato sauce or tomato puree shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 c water (1/4 if using tomato sauce) shopping list
- 2 c cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese plus 2 T for topping if desired shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 T parsley flakes shopping list
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles shopping list
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, brown ground beef; drain.
- To drained beef, add tomatoes, sauce or puree, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder and water; cover.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes or until boiling.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, egg and parsley; mix well.
- Grease 11x7 glass dish; spread 1 1/2 c tomato sauce on bottom.
- Cover with 4 uncooked noodles, half of cottage cheese mixture, and one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add layer of 1 cup tomato sauce, 4 uncooked noodles, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or tight-fitting microwave-safe lid.
- Cook on high 15 minutes. Rotate dish if needed and cook at 50% power for an additional 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- If desired, sprinkle with 2 T Parmesean cheese and cook 1 1/2-2 minutes uncovered, or until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.