Pepper Steak with RiceFrom janend 7 years ago
- 1 lb. lean beef round steak, cut in slices shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. paprika shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 c. beef broth shopping list
- 1 c. sliced green onions, including tops shopping list
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ c. each water and soy sauce shopping list
- 2 lg. fresh tomatoes, cut in eighths shopping list
- 3 c. hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle sliced round steak with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in butter.
- Add garlic and broth.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in onions and green peppers.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Blend cornstarch, water and soy sauce.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir gently.
- Serve over rice.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Note I usually mix white rice and wild rice, especially when making for company. I also always double the recipe because we love having left overs!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookjanend City, North Dakota
The Rating4 people
I have this recipe, too... do you also have the one the Rice Council published using smoked sausage... another fantastic recipe I've made many times... and have never served it to anyone who didn't love it!pinkchampagne in 26 Barberry St loved it
When I was growing up, a friend of our family always made this dish in the summer when we came to dinner. She knew it was one of my favorites. I haven't had it in years and she is at a time in her life that remembering a recipe correctly has become...morelaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Had to substitute the tomatoes wit water chestnuts. Hard to find tasty tomatoes in Cleveland this time of year. Will make it again next summer when "my crop comes in". Absolutely delicious. My kids loved it, and had seconds. We also substitued c...morejustabeginner in Fairview Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!