Picadillo Or Homemade Taco MeatFrom fizzle3nat 4 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 TBSP. olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground pork or turkey) shopping list
- ¼ c. pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped (yes, even if you don’t like them) shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1 – 8 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- Rice and beans, or tortillas, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and pepper in olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef and olives and continue stirring to break up and brown the meat. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- When beef has browned, add tomato sauce gradually while stirring. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer to incorporate sauce.
- Serve with rice and beans or tortillas.