Brown Rice PilafFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 cups og raw brown rice shopping list
- 5 to 6 cups of water or vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 cup cooked peas and carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dark and light raisins shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp Chaat masala Indian seasoning ( has cinnamon, cumin, cloves, etc etc. ) or any seasoning as desired shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice per package instructions until tender.
- Drain rice and rinse off when tender
- Mix in the almonds, peas and carrots and raisins.
- Season to taste as desired.
- Pack into a round casserole dish, unmolding unto platter if desired.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
very healthy and tasty looking!herby in Albany loved it