Pear And Apple PureeFrom chacha 8 years ago
- 3-4 Golden Delicious of Royal gala apples, peeled, cored and quartered shopping list
- 3-4 ripe Anjou, Bartlet, Bosc or Comice pears , peeled, cored and quartered shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, or to your personal taste shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon calvados (optional) shopping list
- *calvados is an apple brandy. shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until fruit is soft and starts to break down, 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over medium-high heat until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Purée in a food processor, blender or food mill.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes approximately 3 cups