Onion BlossomFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onion shopping list
- 3 cups cold water shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer or club soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oil in a large saucepan to 375°F. Peel onion and cut off the bottom, leaving a flat surface.Cut into 3/4-inch wedges, but do not cut all the way through.
- Soak onion in ice cold water until wedges open, about 20 minutes; drain and pat dry. Mix eggs, beer and milk in a medium bowl. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Dip onion in egg mixture, then into flour mixture. Dip again into egg mixture then flour mixture, making sure onion is well coated.
- Place onion in hot oil. Deep-fry until golden brown and tender, about 15 minutes; drain on paper towels. Place onion on a serving plate. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper.