Mixed Salad Greens with Fruit and Cinnamon DressingFrom babskitchen 6 years ago
How to make it
- All amounts to taste. Place mixed greens on plate and top with fruit, candied walnuts and grilled chicken (optional). Top with Cinnamon Dressing.
- Cinnamon Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Up to 1 Tbsp. of milk
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Candied Walnuts:
- Non-stick vegetable spray
- 6 Tbsp. plus 3 more Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. orange-tangerine juice, or orange juice
- 2 cups walnut halves (for this recipe, chop them into large pieces)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place oven rack on top or second shelf down. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. In a 10" skillet over med. heat, add 6 Tbsp. sugar and juice. Bring to a simmer, and add walnuts. Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts, stirring constantly, about 2 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar. Toss walnuts in cinnamon-sugar. Place walnuts in single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 mins. Cool completely.