Prawn and Grapefruit SaladFrom annielikestocook 7 years ago
- 1 large grapefruit shopping list
- 125g peanuts, toasted & roughly chopped shopping list
- 175g raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 4 spring onions, finely shredded shopping list
- 6 mint leaves, finely shredded shopping list
- 1 large red chilli, finely sliced shopping list
- pinch of dried chilli flakes or black pepper shopping list
- pinch of grated nutmeg shopping list
- 4-5 frisee or lollo rosso leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the grapefruit in half and scoop out the segments and juice. Discard the pith and thick skin surrounding each segment and break the flesh into small pieces.
- Stir the toasted peanuts into the grapefruit flesh and set aside to allow the flavours to blend.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and simmer the prawns for 1-2 minutes or until they turn pink and are cooked through. Remove the prawns with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Add the prawns to the grapefruit flesh with the grapefruit juice, fish sauce, spring onions and mint.
- Sprinkle the finely sliced chilli, chilli flakes or pepper and nutmeg over the salad and toss together.
- Line the inside of a bowl with the lettuce leaves and spoon in the salad.
- Serve immediately.