Homemade 4 Fruits MarmaladeFrom charrm1 5 years ago
- 1 grapefruit with peel on, sliced in fine fine strips shopping list
- 2 oranges with peel on, sliced in fine strips shopping list
- 1 lemon with peel on, sliced in fine strips shopping list
- 1 lime with peel on, sliced in fine strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb white sugar shopping list
- cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Place all the cut-up citrus fruits in a large bowl with a lid. Estimate the volume of fruits and add three times the volume of water (1 volume of fruits for 3 volumes of water) and add the water to the cut-up fruits. Let this soak at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Then, put it all in a large saucepan and cook slowly on medium heat on the stove top for 2 1/2 hours, strirring frequently.
- Once cooked, ladle into sterilized mason jars (it will also keep a long time in the fridge).
- If you double the recipe, double the citrus fruits but only use a maximum of 2 lbs of sugar. Doubling the recipe yields 13 jars (8.5 oz or 250 ml)