Almond-Walnut Butter ToffeeFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
How to make it
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan and set pan aside in a warm area.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
- Uncover and cook, stirring constantly, to hard crack stage, 300*F.
- Remove from heat, and stir in almonds and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, quickly spreading mixture to edges of pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 1 minute or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Spread chocolate evenly over candy.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Let stand until set.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool area or the refrigerator.