Warm Caramel Apple CakeFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 box super moist yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2/3 cup whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container) shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping shopping list
- caramel topping, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. Remove pan.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.