Lazy Night Pita Pizza SupremeFrom mysterix 8 years ago
- Crust/base: shopping list
- 4 medium whole wheat pitas (about 6" diameter) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 15 oz (1 can) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic, minced shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- basil shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- marjoram shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 thin slice deli ham or turkey, torn in bits shopping list
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced (fresh or canned) shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 whole green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup part skim mozzarella shopping list
How to make it
- Place a layer of foil on the pan of broiler (overhead grill). Lay one pita per person on top.
- In a small saucepan, mix diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and garlic, bringing to a low simmer.
- Dash in herbs, salt, and pepper, to taste. Leave on very low heat to keep warm.
- Slice and chop meat and vegetables.
- Spread simmered tomato sauce over each pita. Scatter a thin layer of mozzarella cheese ontop.
- Arrange toppings over pitas, feeling free to pile them up high.
- Scatter another small bit of mozzarella over each pita to help secure the mounded toppings. Press down lightly.
- Broil under medium heat, carefully rotating pitas half-way through to brown the crust evenly.
- Serve once cheese is browned and bubbly on top.
- Add a big salad, a light coleslaw, or fried zucchini to this yummy dish.
- [COMPARE! A Pizza Hut personal 6" supreme pizza has 720 Cals; 34g Fat (11 Saturated); 1830mg Sodium; 70g Carbs; 8g Sugar; 32g Protein]
- Nutrition for one 6" Lazy Night Pizza: 391 Cals; 14.5g Fat; 6.8g Saturated Fat; 39.7mg Cholesterol; 949mg Sodium; 44.1g Carbs; 3.5g Dietary Fiber; 4.4g Sugars; 20.8g Protein; 23% Vitamin A; 35% Calcium; 45% Vitamin C; 15% Iron
The Cookmysterix Adelaide, Australia - Not USA Anymore!, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!