Moist Yellow CakeFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 3 cups (330 g) cake flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup (8 oz or 230 g) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 cups (454 g) granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups (10 fl oz or 300 ml) buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and line with parchment paper two 8x2-inch (20x5-cm) pans. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3. Cut up the butter into 1-inch pieces and place them in the large bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment or beaters. Beat for 3 minutes on MEDIUM-HIGH speed until the butter is light and creamy in color. Stop and scrape the bowl. Cream the butter for an additional 60 seconds.
- 4. Add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs one at a time.
- 5. Reduce the mixer speed. Stir vanilla into the buttermilk. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Mix just until incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 15 seconds longer.
- 6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a knife. Lift up the pan with the batter, and let it drop onto the counter top to burst any air bubbles, allowing the batter to settle.
- 7. Center the pans onto the lower third of the oven and let bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the cake is lightly brown on top and comes away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: Let the cake cool in the pan. Storage: Double wrap the cake in plastic wrap. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Yield: Two 8-inch (20-cm) cakes
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
A keeper and it will be made often here on Gilligan's Island!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
This sounds great.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
This is a winner! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it