Pasta PuttanescaFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 16 ounce(s) pasta, spaghetti, whole wheat, or whole-wheat vermacelli or angel hair shopping list
- 2 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin shopping list
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) parsley, flat-leaf, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) olives, Spanish, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup(s) capers, drained shopping list
- 2 teaspoon anchovy paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes shopping list
- 29 ounce(s) tomatoes, diced, no salt added, with juice (2 cans) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup(s) lettuce, arugula, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese, Parmesan, freshly grated shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and simmer for another minute, just until the greens wilt slightly.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine. Divide between 6 plates, sprinkle with the Parmesan, and serve.