Candy Cake CookiesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, powdered sugar, egg and flavorings then blend in dry ingredients.
- Divide dough in half and blend food coloring into one half.
- Shape 1 teaspoon dough from each half into 4” rope.
- For smooth even ropes roll back and forth on lightly floured board.
- Place ropes side by side then press together lightly and twist.
- Complete cookies one at a time.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet then curl top of cookie down to form handle of cane.
- Bake 9 minutes then remove from baking sheets.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!