Pork Chops with ginger maple sauceFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 medium onion,chopped shopping list
- 4tsp canola oil,divided shopping list
- 1Tbs minced fresh gingerroot shopping list
- 1tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops(6oz each) shopping list
- 1/2c reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4c maple syrup shopping list
- 2c cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat,cook onion in 2tsp. oil until golden brownn and very tender,about 10 mins.Add ginger;cook and stir 2 mins longer.
- Meanwhile,combine the chili powder,salt,pepper and cinnamon;rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat ,brown the chops in remaining oil,2-3 mins a side.
- Add the broth,syrup and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 8-10 mins or till meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm. Bring broth mixture to a boil;cook,uncovered,until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2c. Serve chops with rice and sauce!