Dr Mercolas Vegetable QuicheFrom jakartainflames 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic flax seeds, ground in coffee grinder or blender shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds, ground shopping list
- 1 Tbsp raw or organic butter, cold shopping list
- 1/2 cup Swiss or cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 3/4 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Spike vegetable seasoning or Mrs. Dash shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2 tsp coconut oil shopping list
- 6 slices turkey bacon, chopped or 1/2 cup salmon shopping list
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups broccoli, broccoli rabe or cauliflower, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- custard shopping list
- 4 medium eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 370 deggrees F. In food processor workbowl, add ground flax, ground sesame seed, cold butter, shredded cheese, allspice and Spike. Pulse for 5 seconds, only until mixture starts to come together. Do not overprocess.
- Pat mixture evenly into lightly greased, 8" shallow pie pan.
- Heat medium skillet on medium high heat. Add coconut oil, a layer of turkey bacon and onions, brocoli, sauteing for 3-5 minutes until onions turn translucent and broccoli color brightens. Sprinkle with basil, remove from heat, and pile into crust.
- Break eggs into bowl, add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir with a fork to blend. Pour over vegetable or vegetable/meat filling.
- Bake in preheated in 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, only until crust is getting brown and eggs have started to set. Middle will still be slightly soft.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔