Amaretto Fudge RecipeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
How to make it
- Butter loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3 inches.
- Cook sugar, milk, half-and-half, corn syrup and almond-flavored liqueur in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, to 234 degrees on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from water; remove from heat.
- Add margarine.
- Cool mixture to 120 degrees without stirring.
- (Bottom of saucepan will be lukewarm.
- ) Beat vigorously and continuously 5 to 10 minutes or until candy is thick and no longer glossy.
- (Mixture will hold its shape when dropped from a spoon.
- ) Quickly stir in almonds.
- Spread in pan; cool.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.