Rice Krispies Treats CaterpillarsFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add RICE KRISPIES cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using spatula sprayed with cooking spray or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Make caterpillar sections, using small round cookie cutter, cut cereal mixture into circles.
- Place eight to nine circles next to each other to form caterpillar. Decorate with frosting to make antenna, eyes, feet and spots on caterpillars.
- Best if served the same day.
- Microwave cooking times may vary.
- CONVENTIONAL DIRECTIONS:
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Follow steps 2 through 4 above.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.