Barbecued Salmon With Horseradish Crushed PotatoFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes peeled and halved shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup hot milk plus extra shopping list
- 2 teaspoons green horseradish spice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 thick salmon fillets shopping list
- vegetable oil for grilling shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place potato in a large saucepan then add salt and water to cover and bring to boiling.
- Cook potato 15 minutes then drain and shake over heat until dry.
- Crush with a masher or push through a sieve.
- Beat in milk, 1 teaspoon horseradish powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover with 3 tablespoons hot milk and butter then seal pan with tight fitting lid.
- Rinse salmon very lightly and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Preheat barbecue or ribbed grill pan to medium hot then brush the rack or pan with vegetable oil.
- When oil is hot brush salmon lightly with vegetable oil and place on rack or pan.
- Cook 6 minutes turning once.
- Mix remaining horseradish with lime juice and oil until well combined.
- To serve spoon creamed potato onto 4 warm serving plates.
- Peel away skin of salmon steaks and arrange on top.
- Drizzle horseradish mixture around edge of each plate then serve while warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!