Potato SoupFrom annc 6 years ago
- 5 to 6 good sized potatoes shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup shopping list
- 1 to 2 soup cans of milk (whole milk is best) shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 lb. kielbasa (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes, cut into large cubes and place in Dutch oven.
- Dice onion and add to pot.
- Cover with water and boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain off most of water and return to medium-low heat.
- Cut butter into 1Tb slices and add to pot.
- Mash lighlty, leaving some potato chunks.
- Stir in soup and one soup can of milk, add more milk to get your desired texture.
- Add salt and pepper to desired taste (I use a ton of pepper!)
- Slice kielbasa, add to pot and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Varation: Leave out kielbasa, and serve soup with a "loaded potato" bar. Set out bowls of chopped cooked bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream, and sliced green onion tops.