Ham And Cabbage SkilletFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 small head green cabbage shopping list
- 2 small granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 ounces lean ham, julienned (about 1 cup) shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Slice cabbage in half. Slice each half into thin shreds. In a large deep nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, combine cabbage, apples, onion and carrot. Stir in apple juice, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook cabbage mixture over medium heat until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add ham to mixture in skillet.
- Cover skillet and continue to cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating6 people
Easy, clear recipe, but the total cooking time of 40 minutes is way too long, even for old, tough cabbage. To maintain the nutrient value of the cabbage, remove from the heat and serve as soon as the ham is heated through and the cabbage is still s...moreVOW in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!