Key Lime Pie SmoothieFrom seanmay 8 years ago
How to make it
- Freeze your own fruit. You can often find overripe bananas on sale at your local grocery store. Just peel them and put them into a freezer bag whole.
- Peel your key lime, slice it, and freeze it as well. You could just use the juice, but the pulp adds fiber and bioflavinoids. You can use Persian limes instead, but key limes are generally a bit sweeter.
- Grab 2 frozen bananas, and chop them up into about 1-inch pieces. Toss these into your blender.
- Add the chopped frozen limes to the blender.
- Grind a heaping tablespoon of flax seeds in a coffee grinder and add those to the blender. These add lots of high quality fiber and a rich, smooth texture.
- Then just add your choice of milk or yogurt and blend. Lite coconut milk is usually just thinned out with water, but be sure to check the label for artificial ingredients. Most products with “lite” on the label are full of artificial sweeteners and other potentially harmful chemical additives. If you eat dairy products, you can use plain yogurt. Organic yogurt will be free of additives, but you should check the label for added sugar.