Stuffing Stuffed MushroomsFrom cobrien05 5 years ago
How to make it
- Wash each mushroom, and drain on a paper towel. Remove inner stem, dice and set aside.
- In a small skillet, med/high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Once butter is melted, add diced mushroom stems and diced onions. Sautee until crisp tender, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Prepare Stove Top stuffing according to package directions. Add mushroom and onion mixture and ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with baking spray. Stuff each mushroom with stuffing mixture, piled high, packed lightly. Place in baking dish. Lightly spray all stuff mushrooms with cooking spray. Be sure all sides mushroom sides and stuffing is covered. With your fingers, carefully add a large pinch of parmesan cheese to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. If cheese becomes too brown, loosely tent with foil.