Baked Buffalo WingsFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 4 pounds chicken wings shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped shopping list
- 5 teaspoons vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the wings, oil, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and the cayenne. Arrange the wings in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake until just done, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, scallions, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, the remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar, and the Tabasco sauce. Add the wings and toss to coat. Serve the wings with the celery sticks and blue-cheese dressing alongside.
- You could pair these wings with more finger food. Corn on the cob would go nicely. Roasted potato wedges are a good alternative and can be cooked alongside the wings.