All-in-one Pot Spicy Saucy PastaFrom charrm1 7 years ago
- 6 to 8 spicy pork sausages, chopped (remove the casings before chopping and cooking) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups shells, penne or rotini pasta, uncooked or other type of pasta of your choice shopping list
- 1 jar store bought (680 ml) pasta sauce or homemade spaghetti sauce of your choice shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup Kraft 4 cheese Italiano, shredded cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper or cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the sausage meat in a large skillet, drain most of the fat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add water, pasta/spaghetti sauce and the penne or rotini pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Put a lid on and reduce heat to low, simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and red peppers and cook 5 minutes.
- Taste before adding 1/4 tsp red pepper or cayenne pepper (if you want it more spicy).
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve with a salad.