Cookies-and-Cream CakeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 8) shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies and crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat the shortening, sugar, milk and vanilla in another large bowl until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If desired, decorate the top with cookie and the sides with crushed cookies.