Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom jakartainflames 5 years ago
- 4 pounds (5 large potatoes) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch thick slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange half the potato slices in 13-inch by 9-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Sprinkle with half the sugar, half the salt, and all the pepper. Dot with half the margarine or butter.
- 2. Arrange remaining potatoes in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and salt, and dot with remaining margarine or butter.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with walnuts and bake, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes longer until potatoes are tender, basting with syrup in baking dish 3 times during cooking.