Two-Step StroganoffFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup beef consomme shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- Hot cooked noodles (1/2 bag or more of a 16oz) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. In a small bowl, combine flour and sour cream until smooth; stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until thickened. Serve over noodles. servings.
- Beef consomme is a stronger-flavored stock than broth because it has been simmered longer. It is readily available in cans, but regular beef broth can be substituted.