Halloween Marble Poke CakeFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) fudge marble cake mix shopping list
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 12 to 15 candy pumpkins shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cake; top with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving.