Crispy Caribbean WrapsFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 medium sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 22 wonton wrappers shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub sweet potato and pierce with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool. Slit potato and scoop pulp into a small bowl. Mash pulp; stir in the beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, jalapeno and garlic.
- Lightly brush water over all four edges of one wonton wrapper.(Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Spread 1 tablespoon filling along one edge of wrapper; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray wraps with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa.
- Yield: 22 appetizers.
- Becareful of the peppers. I'd recommend you wear gloves.