Slow Cooker Mushroom Barley ChickenFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 pounds chicken pieces shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup medium pearled barley shopping list
- 2 medium (1 cup) carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 rib (1/2 cup) celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken pieces. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned (5 to 7 minutes). Drain off fat.
- Place all remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Add chicken; stir. Cover; cook on Low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours, or High heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken and barley are tender.