Egg Yolk Only Sugar CookiesFrom akarlin 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 (slightly rounded – not quite ¾) teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 sticks (8 oz) unsalted butter (if you use salted butter, use only ¼ tsp. salt), softened shopping list
- 2 cups, scant, granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon good vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
How to make it
- Thoroughly stir together first three ingredients. If you have time, sift them. I didn’t and the cookies turned out fine. Stir in the salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest, then one by one, beat in the egg yolks.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place balls about 2 inches apart on a non-stick or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies start to brown around the edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
The Cookakarlin Washington, DC
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!