Chocolate Peppermint Cookie SandwichesFrom obajoo 8 years ago
- 2 sticks of melted butter shopping list
- 2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ******************************* shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract shopping list
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar shopping list
- about 3 tablespoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt butter and mix in sugar, vanilla, syrup, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Drop onto baking sheets with teaspoons and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until they don’t look very wet anymore.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the filling. With an electric mixer, mix together the sweetened milk and peppermint extract. Slowly add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the water a tablespoon at a time. You want the filling to be kind of stiff but soft enough to squish between two cookies without breaking them.
- Put a dollop of filling on one cookie, and flatten it out with another cookie and Voila! Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich thingy!