Cayenne Ginger AleFrom seanmay 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan.
- Slice your ginger as thinly as possible, and add it to the pan.
- Cut your cayenne peppers into several pieces, and add them to the pan.
- Cut your lemon and squeeze the juice into the pan. Don't worry if the seeds fall in.
- Add your honey and molasses.
- Bring the mixture to a slow boil and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture.
- You should have about a quart of ginger syrup. I keep mine in a large mason jar. You could keep it refrigerated for up to several weeks.
- When you're ready for a glass of ginger ale, just add one part syrup to about 5 parts club soda or seltzer.
- You could also add some hot water to the syrup for a spicy cup of ginger tea.