Potato Tarragon Casserole BreadFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tlbs. chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 package regular or quick-acting active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 cup very warm milk (120 degrees to 130 degrees) shopping list
- 1/2 cup very warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees) shopping list
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup lukewarm mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 2-quart casserole.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of the flour, the tarragon, salt and yeast in large bowl.
- Add warm milk, warm water, margarine and egg.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining flour and the potatoes.
- Spread evenly in casserole.
- Cover and let rise in warm place about 45 minutes or until double. (Batter is ready if indentation remains when touched with floured finger.)
- Place oven rack in lowest position.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until loaf is golden brwon and sounds hollow when tapped; remove from casserole.
- Cool on wire rack.