Chicken Casserole with Pasta Tomato and BroccoliFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil leaves shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and well drained shopping list
- 5 ounces uncooked small macaroni, cooked and well drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Add chicken. Cook and stir just until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- COMBINE broccoli, macaroni, chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in large bowl. Stir well. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove dish to cooling rack. Serve warm.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!