Carmel Apple NachosFrom auntbeela 5 years ago
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 11/2 cups apple juice or apple cider shopping list
- 2 pounds cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (6 cups) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, cut up shopping list
- 1 8-ounce carton vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- 1 recipe cinnamon tortilla Crisps shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar; tapioca, and cinnamon. Stir in the apple juice or cider. Add apple slices and margarine or butter; stir to mix.
- 2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. To serve, divide apples and syrup among 8 dessert dishes. Top each serving with vanilla yogurt and pecans. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps.
- Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps: In a bowl combine 4 teaspoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut two 7- to 8-inch flour tortillas into 8 wedges each. (Or, cut three 6-inch corn tortillas into 6 wedges each.) Lightly spray wedges with nonstick coating. Place wedges in a single layer on an un-greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake in a 350 oven about 12 minutes or until crisp. (Or, bake corn tortillas about 8 minutes.)