Pork Cooked In Orange JuiceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pierce meat all over with point of sharp knife.
- Crush garlic together with salt, oregano and peppercorns.
- Moisten pork with juice of 1 orange then rub mixture into pork and set aside for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place pork in heavy casserole into which it will just fit comfortably.
- Moisten with juice of a second orange then add orange skin to casserole.
- Cover and bake two hours then drain off all but three tablespoons of the pan juices and reserve.
- Turn meat over and bake one hour uncovered basting from time to time.
- Drain off pan juices again and reserve.
- Turn oven up to and brown top of meat then turn it over and brown the other side.
- Skim reserved pan juices of most fat.
- Add pan juices and juice of third orange to casserole then place on stovetop.
- Reduce quickly over high heat then slice meat and serve with sauce.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating1 people
This sounds very much like a recipe that I use for Carnitas (very tasty with avocado and beans in a corn tortilla) but we shred the meat and put it under the broiler for a bit to crisp up any remaining fat. Thanks for the post! 5+
Markmarkeverett in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!