Yorkie Beef PuddingFrom charrm1 8 years ago
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 tbsps butter shopping list
- 3/4 lb ground beef or leftover roast beef, chicken or turkey (cooked) shopping list
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked vegetables or frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) beef gravy shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion in 1 tbsp of butter in a small skillet until tender.
- Add cooked beef (or chicken or turkey).
- Add vegetables.
- Combine gravy and water in a 2-cup measure. Stir 1/4 cup of gravy mixture into meat-vegetable mixture. Blend well. Add salt and pepper.
- Set oven to (hot) 425 degrees F.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsps butter in a 10-inch quiche dish or pie place in oven until the butter bubbles and the pie plate is very hot.
- In the meantime, beat eggs in medium-sized bowl. Add milk, beat until well blended. Add flour and salt, beat until smooth. Pour into the very hot quiche dish or pie plate. Spread meat-vegetable filling evenly over the batter in the middle of the plate up to within 1 inch of of the edge.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and puffy. Heat remaining gravy to serve with the pudding.
- NOTE: The yorkie beef pudding will look like a puffed up dough ring around the edge of the dish or plate and the beef/chicken/turkey-vegetable mixture will be positioned in the centre of the pudding. Serve with mashed potatoes or a salad.