Huevos Rancheros Egg BakeFrom mountainmama 6 years ago
- 1 white onion - diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 red sweet pepper - diced shopping list
- 4 ounces green chilies - drained shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 pinch pepper - to taste shopping list
- 15 ounces tomatoes - diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 12 fresh eggs - lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups pepper jack or mexican cheese - shredded shopping list
- chives - fresh snipped or dried shopping list
How to make it
- Select prepared green peppers or dice fresh green peppers and onions.
- Heat cooking oil in sauté pan. Sauté onions, peppers, and garlic adding salt and pepper to taste. When finished cooking, simmer while preparing next ingredients to be added, approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Combine corn starch or flour, chili powder, and cumin with the simmering ingredients. Increase amount of chili powder, if a stronger intensity is desired. Drain juice from tomatoes, add sugar and then combine with other simmering ingredients to create the sauce.
- In a skillet, partially cook eggs, stirring to scramble for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush or spray baking dish with cooking oil or spray. Cover bottom of baking dish with partially cooked scrambled eggs and then add sauce mixture of onions, peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings over the eggs. Sprinkle cheese over the entire surface of the ingredients.
- Bake at 350º F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh snipped chives, dried chives, or bacon bits.
- TIP: This dish can be prepared in two phases by making the tomato sauce prior to assembling the other ingredients. Then, freeze the sauce to have available when ready to assemble other ingredients.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
- Not added to any groups yet!