New England Smoked Bluefish PateFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove skin and any dark meat from the fish and break
- it into 2" pieces.
- Pulse in a food processor for 3-4 seconds, a few times until the fish resembles gravel
- Add onion and pulse a few seconds more.
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into small pieces and process
- them with the fish for 45 seconds or until you like the consistency.
- Add the anchovy paste, lemon zest and lemon juice and process until the mixture resembles cream cheese.
- Remove the pate from the processor and place in a serving bowl to be chilled for a few hours before serving.
- Serve garnished with grated lemon zest or dill sprigs, on crackers, french bread in thin slices or sourdough bread.
- This stays fresh for 10 days to two weeks
- Makes 4 cups