Winter Fruit Salad With Lemon Poppyseed DressingFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp onion, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds shopping list
- 1 romain lettuce head rinsed, dried and torn into bites shopping list
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shreadded shopping list
- 1 cup cashews shopping list
- 1/4 cup cranberries,dried shopping list
- 1 apple peeled, cored and cubed shopping list
- 1 pear cubed shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt.
- Process until wiel blended.
- With machine still running add oil in a slow steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth
- Add poppy seeds and process just a few seconds more to mix
- In a large serving bowl combine the romaine lettuce,shredded swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, cubed apple and pear.
- Toss to mix then pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss to coat.