Strawberry Chocolate TrifleFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (18.25 oz.) package Yellow cake shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (6 serving size) package chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant) shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 pounds strawberries, sliced (about four cups) shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake as directed, using water, oil, and eggs. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 1 hour or until completely cooled while making pudding.
- COMBINE pudding mix and milk in small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil and thickens. Remove from heat. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled, stirring occasionally.
- CUT cake into 1-inch pieces. Place half of cake pieces in bottom of large glass bowl. Top with half of pudding, then half of strawberries. Repeat with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Mound whipped topping on top.