Sister Sadies Egg Kichel-CookieFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper and bourbon together in a mixing bowl until
- Gradually add flour, beating until dough is soft and sticky but
- well mixed.
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured cloth. Flour dough
- Shape into a 10-by-14-inch rectangle, and let rest for 10
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, and brush a large baking sheet with
- Roll dough out once more as thin as possible, using additional
- flour, just enough to keep dough from sticking.
- Carefully transfer to baking sheet. (It may help to fold dough while transferring, then unfold on baking sheet.)
- Brush off excess flour, and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar, and cut into 2-inch diamonds.
- Bake until brown and curled, about 15 minutes.
- Watch carefully.
- Kichel should be dark goldenbrown, but not burned.
- Allow to cool, and store in an airtight container.
- Yield: About 3 dozen cookies.