Cream of Pheasant and Wild Rice Soup with MushroomsFrom mbalmr 7 years ago
- 2 baked pheasants, meat carefully removed from bones shopping list
- 7 C chicken broth shopping list
- 1 C wild rice, rinsed and par-boiled shopping list
- 1/2 C diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 C diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 C diced celery shopping list
- 4 T unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 1/2 C sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 t minced parsley (dry is fine) for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 C sherry (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse wild rice and par boil until grains just begin to open. Drain.
- In a large stock pot, sautee onion, carrots and celery in 2 T butter until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes
- Stir in chicken broth. Heat, stirring constantly to boiling; add drained rice and reduce heat
- Add pheasant meat. Simmer covered until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir in 1 C heavy cream.
- Mix remaining 2 T butter and 2 T flour in a small bowl and whisk into soup.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until soup thickens and bubbles, about a minute.
- Add sherry
- Stir in remaining 1/2 C heavy cream
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Before serving, sprinkle with parsley
The Cookmbalmr Oshkosh, WI
The Rating3 people
This is superb!! I love the look of this, I love pheasant and in a couple of months we'll have them
fresh in the shops. Saving this...
I love your bio, you sound like my kind of person... sending an invite, hope you'll accept.sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
PS I take it Jeremiah is the dog?sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!