Low Carb Chili Cheese ChickenFrom ocergm 7 years ago
- 2 Lb. of boneless chicken breasts or thighs. Don't mix the two as they require different cooking times shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes cored and diced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. of chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 Cup of green pepper, julienned shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. of chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs. of ground cumin shopping list
- 6 oz. shredded colby Jack cheese shopping list
- Dash of cayenne pepper, more if you want to spice it up! shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp of pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together the Olive oil, garlic,chopped cilantro, salt, pepper,cumin, chili powder and cayenne, in a bowl.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix until well coated.
- Transfer the chicken to a casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet.
- Arrange the green pepper, onion and tomato over each piece
- Roast for about 25 minutes if using breasts, and about 40 minutes if using thighs. Since the size of chicken pieces vary, the best way to ensure the chicken is ready is to insert an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken. 165 degrees F is the temperature at which chicken is properly cooked
- When done, remove chicken from oven and immediately top with the cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve
The Cookocergm Davidson, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!